Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tongue tied

Lately, I have been a little tongued tied and haven't found the right words to write. I have caught myself thinking, "You have this blog where you have the opportunity to share... where are the words?" Honestly, I am not sure where the words went off to. I would like to think that the Lord tucked them away for a little bit, to allow me to spend a little extra time with my baby girl. The past few weeks have been busy at school and by the time I get home it is bath time, a little play time, dinner time, and then bed time. We try to fit a story in there when we can, but bed time usually comes in the middle of the night-time bottle. So, I am guessing this is where my words went to. They went to a little extra mommy/ daughter time.

Speaking of my sweet baby girl, she is now not feeling so well. On my husband's birthday, in December, we were at the ER with her. On my birthday in January, she was sick with the flu. Yesterday was our wedding anniversary and we spent the night in the hospital with RSV. To us RSV is just a little cold, but to a baby it can effect her oxygen levels. The last time she had it her oxygen levels were great and we didn't have to be seen at the hospital, but it is a little different story this time. Her oxygen levels aren't super low, but they also aren't where they would like them to be. She has been hooked up to oxygen all night and day, nurses have been coming in and out checking vital signs, giving breathing treatments, and fixing the beeping on the machines. Needless to say, no sleep for Mommy and Daddy. Baby, however is getting some much needed rest. I am just hoping and praying that she gets to feeling better soon. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby sick and knowing that you can't do anything more to help.

I was looking for a Bible verse that might help me, and the minute I came across this verse, I received immediate calming. I am going to end with it today. It is amazing how the scripture speaks to you just when you need it the most.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.





No comments:

Post a Comment