Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My help comes from the Lord

Another night spent in the hospital, but I am happy to say that we saw our little girl smile tonight! I cannot explain how happy that little smile made me. And to follow the smile, we were able to get a few giggles. I am loving having her normal-self slowly come back to us. I miss my happy little girl. But the good thing is, she is much better than she was when we came in. The hardest things is going to be to wait. They had to stop giving her the breathing treatment because they said that it isn't doing anything. The good thing is thtat she is completely off oxygen and almost off the IV. The bad news is that we don't really know that much. Some of the doctors and therapists say that she will be going home in a few days and some say tomorrow. I am not really sure what it is, but I am grateful it is soon. I am a little hesitant with her going home and still wheezing, but I know two things:
1. She is in the best place that she can be. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite is one of the best Children's Hospitals and they have been amazing at getting her better.

2, but most important. God. It is simple as that. He will not give us anything that we cannot handle. I went to look up the Bible verse that states that, but instead found out it is in fact not in the Bible. We get it confused with this verse, 1 Cor. 10:13 (NKJV) No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. The Bible never says that He will not give us anything that we cannot handle, but the secret is to lean on Him and trust that He will get us through it.

I am leaning... and I am trusting

Psalm 121
I lift my eyes unto the hills,
Where does my help come from? 
My help comes from the Lord, 
The maker of Heaven and Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment